søndag 14. september 2014

Western veil

Last night, I finally had a clear night after a few weeks of overcast. Despite the half Moon only 90 degrees away, I wanted to give it a go. So I did 2.5 hours on the western parts of the Veil nebula. (I actually did 4.5 hours, but the temperature dropped so much during the night that the last 2 hours were out of focus...) After stacking the images in DSS, I noticed a strange effect that I was unable to remove. It only happened in green and blue. Red was mostly unaffected. So after a bit of trial and error, I gave up on trying to create a colour image. Although I managed to create one, it looked like something I didn't want to publish here. I will give it some more tries in the future. Using the red channel as luminance worked fairly well, but the colors were weird. So I'll see if I can make them better in the future. So for now, this is the red channel, as a luminance image in greyscale. (Click on image to get bigger version).

Tech details : Pentax K5, William Optics FLT98 CF w/ WO AFR-IV flattener/reducer (f/5), Astronomik CLS filter, Celestron AVX mount, guided using QHY 5II camera and PHD2 guiding sw. Stacked in DSS, processed in PS and Irfanview.


Edit : I made a color version. I checked the image above, and found that it looked like crap on a bigger screen. Sooo. Maybe I should do a better job before publishing my images here. The picture below is a first version in color. Not perfect. But I managed to remove much of the strange colors. Enjoy!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar