fredag 16. oktober 2015

Propeller nebula

Ever since I saw an image of this nebula, I wanted to image it. The shape was so unusual. Normally, a nebula is a beautiful caos, but this one? Like s off-shaped propeller. Like the name suggests. A few weeks ago, I started testing my new CCD-camera with narrowband filters. So far, I have only tried the h-alpha filter. It is truly a blessing in the city. Cutting through the light pollution like a knife. So I have tried my luck on a few objects. And the past week, the skies have cleared every night, so I tried longer exposures on the nebula. Many of the exposures had crappy guiding, but I managed 7.5 hours of 10-minute exposures. And I managed to draw the nebula out quite nicely.

Tech spec : Atik 420M camera, -15C, 47x10 min 1x1 binning, 50 darks, 50 bias, 20 Baader 7nm H-alpha filter. William Optics Star 71mm F/4.9 telescope. Celestron AVX mount, QHY5II guide camera controlled by PHD2. Stacking in DSS, Processing in FitsLiberator, PS, and IrfanView.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar