mandag 14. mars 2022

Trying out my new 5" h-alpha telescope

I had an idea a few years ago on how to build a large H-alpha telescope. Due to the pandemic and other reasons, I didn't finish it until lately. I have had to make some modifications and adjustments, but now it seems to be working. So I have now moved up from a Lunt 35 to a 127mm homemade beast. And MAN, apert

re is king! I struggled to focus properly due to the long focal length, and a lot of turbulence. But I finally got there, and the following is the result. I would say I am happy with this...

Tech details : 127mm homemade h-alpha telescope. ASI178MM camera, 1560x1560 crop. 1000x3ms exposures. Recorded with SharpCap, stacked using AS!3, sharpened in imPPG and color and unsharp masking in Gimp. 

The images show without and with the sharpening. I am not sure which one I like the most. Without Unsharp Mask is softer, but with, it becomes more "dramatic". Click on the image to view full size!









1 kommentar:

  1. Jeg tror jeg ville valgt en mellomting. Det øverste virker kanskje noe nøkternt, mens det nedre er litt for agressivt etter min smak, men ikke overprosserert. Bare litt for hard kontrast. Men dette blir veldig personlige preferanser.

    SvarSlett