søndag 13. oktober 2013

First night with my new RC

I wanted to test my new 6" RC on some distant, small object that would be too small for my 80mm apo. So this Saturday, I headed out of town for some dark(-ish) skies. I had a list of objects to attempt.
M27, the Dumbbell nebula
M2, M15 and NGC6934, globular clusters
NGC6946, a galaxy
M1, the Crab nebula
and of course
ISON, the comet.
I also attempted a couple of other objects, but had no luck aquiring enough light for them.

Common technical details :

TPO 6" F/9 RC
Pentax K5, ISO 1600
Celestron Advanced VX
Stacking in DSS, processing in PS and IrfacnView

M27 : A condensation-strip from a passing airplane cut this exposure short. I had planned 1 hour, but stopped at 40 minutes.


The Globular clusters : 20 minutes exposures

M2 :



M15 :



NGC 6934 :



NGC 6946, galaxy. It was obvious thar F/9 requires a lot of exposure for these distant objects. But I managed to dig out some of the structures in this galaxy.


M1 needed a lot of exposures, that is obvious. Even 1.5 hours was not enough to pull out all of the color and structures. But it is there...


At the end of the night, I made an attempt at ISON once more. I pulled out the autoguider and made 7 3.5 minute exposures. I saw afterwards that I should probably have cut down to 2 minutes to avoid the stretching of the core. Deep Sky Stacker still refused to stack on the core, so I had to do the stacking manually. Still not the best of images of this comet, but better than I have achieved before.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar