onsdag 19. februar 2014

M51

After shooting the supernova in M82, I pointed the telescope at an object I have been trying to shoot many times. M51, the Whirlpool galaxy. But either it was too small in the scope, or the exposure was too short. But on monday, I decided to try exposing the rest of the night on this magnificent object. We see it almost straight down, and the spiral structure is clearly visible. It is obvious that I could probably spend more time enhancing this beautiful object. And I could probably spend some more time exposing. But for a first try both at a successful exposure, and at a reasonable size, I am happy.
Technical details : Pentax K5 DSLR @ISO800, 278x1m unguided exposures (total ~4.5 hours), TPO 6" Ritchey-Cretien w/Asrtophysics 0.67 reducer, riding on a Celestron Advanced VX mount. Stacked in DSS, enhanced in Maxim, PS and Irfanview. Click on the image for full size version.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar