tirsdag 4. mars 2014

M42, new take on the oldie goldie

I guess M42 is one of the most photographed objects in the sky. And I have taken my fair share of exposures of this beauty in the sky. This Saturday, at an astronomy gathering at Harestua Solar Observatory, the weather was apalling to say the least. So I gave a lecture/workshop on astrophoto processing instead. A couple of the people attending managed to get quite astounding results using "my" methods of processing. This inspired my to go back to this old photo I took in Australia in 2012, and give it another go. I changed the colouring slightly compared to how I have done it previously. And I have changed the way I have added sharpening effects. I will probably do several more rounds in the years to come. Maybe adding more exposure. But with the rather dismal weather prospects, I think processing old images is probably the only thing I'll be doing for a long while ahead. (Click on the image for a full.size view). For some weird reason, Blogger makes the background of this image strongly reddish... Ignore that...
Tech : Pentax K5, ISO 1600, 100x30 sec unguided exposures. TS triplet APO w/ WO field flattener, SkyWatcher EQ-3 Pro Synscan. Stacking in DSS, processing in PS and IrfanView.


1 kommentar:

  1. Flott! Det er utrolig mye detaljer og informasjon i bildet ditt!

    SvarSlett