torsdag 8. september 2022

Jupiter rolling

I got up early wednesday morning at 1.30 and went out to the telescope that was already set up on my balcony. I aimed it at Jupiter. After some focusing and calibration, I started recording a timelapse. I wasn't sure how it would fare. I have shot Jupiter before, but not with this telescope. And not from Norway. After some processing, I am now happy with the result. I see that I still have things to learn about getting the most out of the images. But that is something I love about astrophotography; there's always new stuff to learn. This is a 2 hour timelapse with one image per minute. Sped up so the whole sequence takes 10 seconds. The two moons visible are Europa on the left and Ganymede on the right. Europa cast a shadow on Jupiter at the end of the timelapse. An extra bonus!

Tech details : TAL 200mm Klevtsov-Cass, ASI178MC camera gain 200, 3mS exposure, 20 seconds recording. Processing in AS!3, used 25% best images. Wavlet sharpening and whitebalance fix in Registax, rotating in IrfanView. PIPP for animation.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar