onsdag 21. september 2022

Jupiter 20 sept 2022

 I wanted to try higher sampling to see if the quality could be made better. So I pulled out my 4x Powermate. With 2x binning I was hoping to max out the resolution of my 200mm Klevtsov-Cass. I set Firecapture to record 240 videos of 1000 images over 4 hours. But, of course, after months of nothing, Windows decided this was a great night to update. So while I was sound asleep, and only about 90 minutes after I started the timelapse, Windows restarted and the rest of the night was a waste. But at least I got 82 images after processing. And I did get better resolution. Or at least, it seems so. I am still not pleased with my processing skills, but I am hoping that it will improve as time goes by. The moon Ganymede popped up casting it's shadow at the end of the timelapse. An extra bonus.

Tech details : Tal 200K telescope with 4x TeleVue Powermate, ASI178MC camera, gain 250, 16mS exposure. Processed in AS!3 (10% best images used), sharpened and WB fixed in Registax. Animated in PIPP.


 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar