lørdag 14. mars 2015

Flaming Star nebula

I never tried this before, and when the skies cleared yesterday night, I decided to give it a go. Didn't know how much exposure it needed, and the other objects I wanted to image were already too low for any longer integration. It is obvious the image needs some more exposure, and maybe could use some narrowband imaging. It has been a while since I last did any processing of tricky images, so I will probably need some time to get the hang of it again. And an image like this needs som careful processing. That much is clear. And it probably also needs a lot more exposure to get the dynamics of the nebula right.

Tech specs : Pentax K5, ISO 1600, 120x1min unguided exposures, 20 flats, WO 71mm Zenithstar 5-element apo, Astronomik CLS filter, Celestron AVX mount. Stacked in DSS, processed in PS and Irfanview. Cropped from original image.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar