søndag 15. mars 2015

Rosette once more

Yesterday, I managed to polar adjust the mount a bit better. Autoguiding still acted a bit weird. Have to look into that. But with a proper poar adjustment, I was able to take longer exposures at lower ISO. This would mean higher dynamic range on the camera. I actually haven't tried setting the ISO to its lowst and see what happens, but maybe next time.
The Rosette nebula. I never really payed any attention to this one, since The Orion nebula and the Horsehead was nearby. And the elusive Simeis-147 has been on my list of things I wanted to image. But it is by no means a boring nebula. Beautiful in itself, and quite large. So imaging with even the tiny 71mm f/4.9 telescope, it fills large parts of the frame. It probably could do with twice the exposure, but that will have to wait until I get a few nights of clear sky a little bit earlier in the season. Now it goes too low at midnight or thereabouts. Still getting back into processing. But getting better and rmembering more of the tricks. But still have a long way to go. The image is cropped slightly. Also, minimized the stars to make the nebula stand out more from the background.

Tecch specs : Pentax K5, ISO800, 54x2m30s unguided exposures, Astronomik CLS filter, Zenithstar 5-element apo, Celestron AVX mount. Stacked in DSS, processed in PS and Irfanview.


I also added the red channel here to show how much nebulosity has been recorded. If I could just get this out more precicely and smoother.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar